Online education has become the new normal for students during the lockdown in India. Now, schools and colleges are relying on online modes of teaching to maintain the continuity of education. So, to continue this, schools are using apps. They conduct online classes over Microsoft Team Meeting or Zoom and send interactive worksheets and videos for learning.
The adoption of online education has made tens of thousands of students glued to their computers and smartphones. Both teachers and students entered a new world of virtual lectures, tutorials, and assessments. Online learning has taken center stage in a student’s life. Online classes during lockdown have helped students more than ever before.
In this era of digitalization, students can easily find required study resources from various online websites. These resources can be sample papers, notes, last year’s papers, essential questions, textbooks, etc. For example, students of the Tamil Nadu Board Class 8 can easily download the Samacheer Kalvi 8th Maths book from the board website.
Education boards such as CBSE, ICSE and other State Boards adopted online education for the academic sessions from 2020. Students can now sit and learn from the comfort of their homes and submit their assignments online. Most education boards refer the online websites to their students for practice purposes.
But, now, schools are planning to move their classrooms from online to the traditional method of teaching. Students like earlier now have to attend their classes physically.
7 Benefits of Online Learning
- One of the positive effects of online education is that students become more proficient in using modern technology. They are now exposed to various apps and programs. The knowledge of students related to computers and smartphones is getting enhanced. Students also get to learn about technology during the lockdown and academic learning.
- Online classroom systems help students to access all relevant information on one platform. Due to this, interaction has become much more comfortable between the school, teachers and students. Teachers can share all helpful information online and preserve it securely in an electronic archive. If students encounter any doubt, they can easily view the records and resolve it instantly.
- In online classes, students’ performance and learning ability are easily trackable. The data of every student is stored individually, and teachers can easily track the students’ performance. This helps teachers to understand the learning ability of the students.
- Due to this pandemic, schools are forced to adopt online classes, improving students’ attendance. Now, students don’t have to travel to their school to attend classes, and they love the concept of online classes. There is a significant improvement in participation and interaction.
- Online classes come with another benefit of the ongoing assessment process. Students get more engaged in their studies as there is no peer distraction. They listen to their teachers attentively, ask for doubts, and initiate an interaction. It is believed that some concepts are better taught online.
- Someone has rightly stated that learning should not stop even in a crisis. Various digital platforms have kept the learning process intact even at this time. Now, because of the online classes, students can stay in touch with their faculties through various online platforms like Google Classroom, Hangouts, Zoom, etc. Teachers and students can access these digital platforms to enable constant learning from the comfort of their homes.
- Online education makes the learning process easier and more accessible by sitting anywhere. Now, students can download crucial study materials like Samacheer Kalvi 8th Science book, syllabus, etc., from their respective education boards.
In conclusion, we can say that online classrooms have become a new part of students’ lives. Almost all educational institutions have started the current academic session via online classrooms. Online education is adopted by significant boards like ICSE and CBSE and various State Boards. One day, the online teaching model will entirely dominate the education system.
Check Out Our Blog: What to say in the first message – Follow these 10 tips